Trusting God in the face of adversity can be tough, but it is a necessary part of the Christian walk. Oftentimes, when we face trials and tribulations in our lives, we tend to rely on our own understanding and control, which only leads to more confusion and frustration. However, when we relinquish control and trust in God, we experience peace and comfort, knowing that He has everything under control.
In this blog post, we will share with you 75 powerful quotes about trusting God to encourage and remind you of the sovereignty of God, even in difficult times.
Trust God Quotes
When life throws us its toughest curveballs, trusting God is essential for finding lasting peace and contentment. To help you stay grounded during these times of difficulty, here are some inspiring quotes on trusting God that will give you strength and inspire faith when you need it most.
- Trusting God does not mean believing he will do what you want, but rather believing he will do everything he knows is good. ― Ken Sande
- Fear is the glue that keeps you stuck. Faith is the solvent that sets you free. ― Shannon L. Alder
- The more you go with the flow of life and surrender the outcome to God, and the less you seek constant clarity, the more you will find those fabulous things start to show up in your life. ― Mandy Hale
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. ― Proverbs 3:5-6
- Trusting God does not mean believing He will do what you want, but rather believing He will do what is right. ― Max Lucado
- Faith isn’t the ability to believe long and far into the misty future. It’s simply taking God at His Word and taking the next step. ― Joni Erickson Tada
- We can trust God in every season of life, even when we don’t understand what He’s doing. ― Lysa TerKeurst
- When we trust God to do what is best for us, we are freed from the disaster of our own choices. ― Charles Stanley
- Faith is believing that God is going to take you places before you even get there. ― Matthew Barnett
- There is an antidote to our fears – trust. If we trust God more, we can fear less. What a comforting promise. — Max Lucado
- When you trust God, your fear will subside. ― Charles Stanley
- God’s plan is always the best, sometimes the process is painful and hard, but don’t forget that when God is silent, He’s doing something for you. ― Anonymous
- Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase. ― Martin Luther King, Jr
- Trusting God is the foundation upon which all other aspects of the Christian life must be built. ― Charles Stanley
- When we trust God, we are acknowledging that He is in control, even when everything around us seems out of control. ― Charles Stanley
- Trusting God is a decision that takes more than the moment; it takes a lifestyle. ― Jerry Bridges
- Worry is blind and cannot discern the future, but Jesus sees the end from the beginning. In every difficulty, He has His way prepared to bring relief. ― Ellen White
- Don’t let fear blind you from the possibilities that trust in God can bring. ― Anonymous
- ou must also keep your faith in God to guide you forward if the way is not clear. Whether the journey is long or short, He will help you as long as you place your trust in Him. — Christina Baker Kline
- Trusting God to guide us in all our decisions is the ultimate question of faith. ― Patricia Heaton
- God’s love is like a river, constantly flowing, always moving. We just have to jump in and trust Him. ― Anonymous
- Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you. ― Deuteronomy 31:6
- Trusting God means looking beyond what we can see and believe in what we cannot. ― Beth Moore
- Keep trusting God. He will lead you in every step of the journey. — Lailah Gifty Akita
- When you trust God with your life, you become an unstoppable force for His purposes. ― Graham Cooke
- Trusting God requires a daily surrender of our own desires and pursuits and placing them in his hands. ― John Bevere
- God’s plan is far greater than our own, and when we trust Him, we allow Him to take our insignificant efforts and make them significant. ― Jennie Allen
- Trusting God means taking that one step of faith even when it seems impossible. ― Christine Caine
- Faith is a powerful force that can move mountains, but it requires a trust in God that surpasses all understanding. ― Joyce Meyer
- There is great value to the trials we have to endure as we learn to trust God during our times of greatest weakness. — Gerald Flurry
- The goal is to trust God while attempting to do his will. Then he will work in you in ways you could never have imagined. — Daniel Colston
- Your trial is your test to trust in God. ―
- As Christians today we must learn to trust that God our heavenly Father desires to meet all our needs and He will do it His way. — Joshua Ray
- When you trust God more than your feelings, circumstances, and opinions of others, you live with uncommon confidence. — Joyce Meyer
- Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God. — Corrie Ten Boom
- When we trust in God, we don’t have to figure everything out on our own. He is the ultimate guide and comforter. — Unknown
- I trust my God enough to believe He will provide exactly what we need at the moment we need it. Not a second early, nor a minute late. ―
- Everything happens for a reason. Wait on God and trust in Him. He wants the best for us. He wants to take us from glory to glory, and from victory to victory. ―
You may also like: Let the Light Overcome Darkness: 55 Best Light Quotes to live by
Quotes about Trusting God
We all have doubts, fears, and uncertainties about the future. We can’t predict what will happen or where we will end up, so trusting God to guide us through life is a necessary part of our spiritual journey. Letting go of control and allowing the Lord to take charge can be intimidating, but it also brings peace, clarity, and fulfillment. To help you on your faith-filled path, below are more quotes about trusting in God that are sure to bring comfort in moments of doubt!
- Let your life reflect the faith you have in God. Fear nothing and pray about everything. Be strong, trust God’s word, and trust the process. ― Germany Kent
- Faith talks in the language of God. Doubt talks in the language of man. ― E.W. Kenyon
- If only we learn to believe in God, trust in Him completely – cooperate with His will – we will be supremely happy. ― Dada J.P. Vaswani
- Let God’s promises shine on your problems. ― Corrie ten Boom
- It is possible to do the impossible when you trust in the God of all possibilities. — Gift Gugu Mona
- We learn to trust God’s heart by interacting with Him and experiencing His character in personal ways. —Renee Swope
- God knows best. We can trust Him with our lives as well as our eternal souls. He does not take something from us without filling that spot with something just as good – and because it’s from Him, even much better.
- We have very little faith in the Lord, very little trust. If we trusted the Lord as much as we trust a friend when we ask him to do something for us, neither we as individuals nor our whole country would suffer so much.
― Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica
- The more you believe and trust God, the more limitless your possibilities become for your family, your career – for your life! — Rick Warren
- …You say to God, “I have never seen you provide for me.” God says to you, “You have never trusted Me.” ― Coralie Buchanan
- Trust in God’s timing because sometimes the ‘wait’ is a blessing in disguise. ― Anonymous
- Faith doesn’t come in a bushel basket, Missy. It comes one step at a time. Decide to trust Him for one little thing today, and before you know it, you find out He’s so trustworthy you be putting your whole life in His hands.
― Lynn Austin
- One day I believe we will understand, but in the meantime, we have to trust and have faith in the fact that God knows what he is going to do. — Margaret Weston
- Dedication is writing your name on the bottom of a blank sheet of paper and handing it to the Lord for Him to fill in. ― Rick Renner
- The only way you’re going to reach places you’ve never gone is if you trust God’s direction to do things you’ve never done. ―
- Trust in God’s timing. It’s better to wait a while and have things fall into place than to rush and have things fall apart. ― Unknown
- God’s love and power are greater than we can fully grasp, but the more we learn to trust Him, the more we can experience His peace.― Tracie Miles
- Every difficulty you face, in every waiting place, you’re being given a chance to trust in the things unseen and to be abundantly blessed. — Cherie Hill, Waiting on God
- Our trust protects us from becoming helpless victims of circumstance. Through faith, we see God’s faithfulness.— Gaylyn Williams
- Our job is to trust, to love, to pray, and to obey. God’s job is to do the impossible. — Unknown
- Whether we’re praying for large worries like sick loved ones, financial troubles, and addictions, or we’re praying for the small, everyday worries like seatbelts that need fastening, a safe left turn in traffic, and missing keys, we can trust God in all things. — Kim Trujillo
- He would have to trust God for that, for he was helpless to do anything about it himself. His grandfather had said that was always the best place to be. At the end of oneself was the best place to discover the Lord at work.
― Robin Lee Hatcher
- If we cannot understand God’s plans for us, then learn to trust His unfailing character instead. – Christian.net
- When trouble comes, focus on God’s ability to care for you. – Charles Stanley
- Trust is the tie that binds any and all relationships with God, our spouses, our friends, and our community. The more trust we have, the more influence we have. — Buzz Williams
- You can trust God and have faith in Him to always be faithful to you. — Adam Copenhaver
- Trusting God is choosing to act in utter dependence on Him; trying harder is opting to retain control.
- I am a child of God. I always carry that with me. — Maya Angelou
- God has a plan for you, and even if you cannot see where it is going, trust Him and follow where He leads you. — Paul Chaloux
- When you’re really believing, when you’re in peace, you’re showing God by your actions that you trust Him. —Joel Osteen
- A tremendous amount of trust and faith is required to go through spiritual dryness. — Laurie Penner
- Those who leave everything in God’s hand will eventually see God’s hand in everything. — Anonymous
- Don’t worry if you are already in the middle of a personal storm, it is never too late to put your trust in Jesus. —Adam Cumpston
- The only way we will learn to trust God is by getting to know God. When our understanding of him is deficient, we are going to view him wrongly. — Lydia Brownback
- God’s grace is sufficient for those that believe and trust in Him until the end. — E’yen A Gardner, Chosen One
- Keep the right perspective: it’s all good. This boils down to trusting God.— Joel Osteen
- Since God is powerful and loving, trust him. Rely on him for your purpose in life. — Les Bridgeman
- God isn’t looking for people of great faith but for individuals ready to follow wherever He leads. — Oswald Chambers.
- God will bring the right person into your life at the right time. Always believe that! If they are not there, God isn’t finished yet! ―
- Remembering the goodness of God in the past, will help us in seasons where it’s harder to see Him. — Esther Fleece
- The reason people pray is because our Lord Jesus Christ directed us to do everything in prayer, trusting that it shall be done. — Dr. Mary Lee
You may also like: 55 Spiritual Captions for Instagram
Trusting God is not always easy, but it is essential to our faith journey. We hope these powerful quotes about trusting God have inspired you to rely more fully on his promises and unfailing love. Remember, God is always with you, guiding you and providing for you. When you trust in Him, you can face any obstacle or challenge, knowing that He is working everything together for your good. Keep trusting in Him, and watch your faith grow stronger every day.