At the end of a vacation comes that bittersweet feeling – you’ve had an amazing time away, made wonderful memories, and are reluctant to return home. Celebrate the ending of your vacation with these 30 uplifting and thoughtful quotes about saying goodbye to vacations! These words will be sure to bring peace and solace as you accept reality after an enjoyable break.
Ending Vacation Quotes
It can sometimes be tough to adjust after a much-needed break, but don’t forget all the wonderful memories you made during your vacation! To give yourself one last boost before starting up again, take a look at these inspiring end-of-vacation quotes that will help put things in perspective and remind you how rewarding it feels to step away from everyday life for a while.
- A good vacation is over when you begin to yearn for your work. – Morris Fishbein
- When I was on a two-week vacation, I noticed something. The vacation lasted a good long time, then suddenly, it was over. Life is like that also. – Fr. Cedric Pisegna CP
- Vacations are a good thing. They give you a break from the routine and let your mind and body get refreshed while you supposedly spend some time doing some activities that you don’t normally get to do. Vacations are also a bad thing. Why? Because they end. – Jim Clark
- The tans will fade, but the memories will last forever. – Unknown
- Don‘t cry because it‘s over. Smile because it happened. – Dr. Seuss
- The point is this: if you do what you love, it doesn’t matter in the least that a vacation has to end. If you love what you do you will not find yourself wishing for even a few more days of vacation or wishing that you could keep enjoying this vacation for much, much longer. – Byron Pulsifer
You may also like: 35 End of the Weekend Quotes and Captions for Instagram
Last Day of Vacation Quotes
Whether your vacation was spent with family or friends, traveling around the world, or taking a much-needed staycation, it’s important to remember all the warm memories you made throughout your journey. Let these powerful quotes help soften the blow of the realization that your vacation has come and gone.
- Happiness consists of living each day as if it were the first day of your honeymoon and the last day of your vacation. – Leo Tolstoy
- You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of shore. – Christopher Columbus
- In the end, we only regret the vacation we didn’t take. – Unknown
- Take some time after your vacation ends to reflect on what you learned and how it might shape your journey going forward. – Anonymous
- Vacations should be enjoyed while they last. – Unknown
- Vacations often push us out of our comfort zones in terms of exploring unfamiliar places or trying new things; when they come to an end, we can take this newfound confidence with us into our everyday lives. – Unknown
- Extend your vacation whenever possible. – A.D. Posey
- Vacations come and go, but happy experiences are forever. – Hermione GT
Funny End of Vacation Quotes
To lighten the mood and help make sense of this common transition time, we’ve also gathered some hilarious quotes about saying goodbye to vacations! Read on for some fun wisdom about embracing endings and remembering the joys of exploring new places.
- No man needs a vacation so much as the man who has just had one. – Elbert Hubbard
- There should be sympathy cards for having to go back to work after vacation. – Anonymous
- You know that feeling you get after vacation when you’re just so happy to get back to reality? Me neither. – Unknown
- If you come home as happy as you leave, you have had a good vacation. – Unknown
- The best way to end a vacation is by planning the next one. – Hermione GT
- Vacation may be over, but the fun doesn’t have to end. – Unknown
- I need a vacation from my vacation. – Unknown
Related Post: 150 Perfect Vacation Captions for Instagram
End of Trip Quotes
For those looking for quotes or sayings representative of the wonderful journey they went on, look no further! Here are the best end-of-trip quotes that capture all facets of what makes traveling so special – from exploring diverse cultures and landscapes, meeting friends made along the way, discovering unforgettable moments, and more.
- There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open. – Jawaharlal Nehru
- A mix of emotions when travels have to end. – Unknown
- It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end. – Ernest Hemingway
- One approaches the journey’s end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. – George Sand
- Every journey has an end. — Seneca the Younger
- The trip is over, but the memories will last a lifetime. – Unknown
- There’s nothing quite like the end-of-vacation blues, but don’t let your vacation turn into an extended dreamland where it’s easy to lose sight of reality. – Unknown
- Traveling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, ‘I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station. – Lisa St. Aubin de Teran
Related Post: 180 Travel Captions for Instagram
Whether you’re going through withdrawals of missing that dream destination or feeling as though you weren’t able to maximize this wonderful getaway – find solace in the idea that there are many trips to come and plenty of other plans in the works. For now, take this blog post conclusion as a reminder to enjoy things that matter most and cherish the people who were part of your amazing experience -all while allowing yourself time for slow reflection on all the places you recently visited!